WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR AWARDS
The 2007 World Car of the Year Awards was officially launched in September 2006.
Following is a critical path leading to the winners' press conference at the New York International Auto Show on Thursday, April 5, 2007.
June - July 2006
· Nomination of new jurors.
· List of eligible vehicles established
September - January 2007
· Jurors complete evaluation of World Car eligible vehicles
· January 5th: First round of voting to determine the Top Ten World Car and World Performance Car finalists.
· January 12th: Top Ten World Car and World Performance Car finalists announced.
· Final round of voting on finalists to determine winners for:
a. World Car of the Year
b. World Green Car
c. World Performance Car
d. World Design of the Year
· March 8th: Top Three finalists in all categories announced.
April 5, 2007
· All World Car award winners announced at New York International Auto Show during one of the press days.