Celebrating the best of today. Embracing the best of tomorrow.
World Car Awards - 2022 Timeline
The annual awards season runs from May 1st to April 30th.
Note: this timeline is tentative in terms of January to April 2022. Final dates to be confirmed once the award season is underway.
August 19, 2021
August 2021 to January 2022
- Official launch of The Road to the 2022 World Car Awards annual journey and announcement of the list of eligible vehicles at the New York International Auto Show.
- The Road to the World Car Awards is an annual journey that follows more than 90 of our international jurors as they test-drive, and vote on, the eligible vehicles for the 2022 awards season.
November 13 - 16, 2021
- Jurors test-drive the 2022 eligible vehicles.
Monday, January 31, 2022
- COVID permitting, it may be possible to stage the 7th L.A. Test Drives in Pasadena, California that coincides with press day at the L.A. auto show – Wednesday, November 17, 2021.
Tuesday, February 8, 2022: World Car Finals - The Countdown Begins
- Deadline: first vote round
Tuesday, February 8 – Friday, February 18, 2022
- KPMG announces top ten finalists in WCOTY; and top five finalists in World Luxury, World Performance Car, World Urban Can and World Car Design of the Year.
- Second round of test-drives and voting begins.
Friday, February 18, 2022
- Second and final round: jurors test-drive finalists prior to voting.
Tuesday, March 1, 2022: World Car Finals - Top Three in the World
- Deadline: all jurors’ ballots submitted for overall winners.
Wednesday, April 13, 2022: The Winners
- Top Three in the World finalists announced virtually.
- All World Car award winners announced at New York International Auto Show
©2021 World Car Awards. All rights reserved.