World Car Awards - 2020 Timeline
September 10, 2019
November 16 – 19
- Frankfurt motor show – Tuesday, Sept. 10th. Official launch of The Road to the World Car Awards annual journey and announcement of the list of candidates.
Monday, January 27, 2020
- Sixth (6th) annual “L.A. Test Drives” event in Pasadena, CA. Jurors test-drive, and vote on, the car contenders that may not be available in their home market.
Tuesday, February 4, 2020: World Car Finals - Countdown Begins
- Deadline: first vote round
Tuesday, February 4 - Friday, February 14
- KPMG announces top ten finalists in WCOTY; and top five finalists in World Luxury, World Performance Car, World Urban Can and World Car Design of the Year.
- Second round of test-drives and voting begins.
Friday, February 14, 2020
- Second and final round: jurors test-drive finalists prior to voting.
Tuesday, March 3: World Car Finals Countdown Continues
- Deadline: all jurors’ ballots submitted for overall winners
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- Geneva: Top Three in the World finalists announced at the Geneva show along with World Car Person of the Year.
May 15-20, 2020
- New York: all World Car award winners announced at New York International Auto Show.
- London Motor Show: fifth (5th) “World Car Garage” celebrates current winners; offers teasing glimpse of 2021 contenders.
©2019 World Car Awards. All rights reserved.